It’s Stampin’ Up’s! New Annual Catalogue Time!!! To celebrate, some of our Team – The Artfull Stampers – are sharing fabulous projects showcasing a selection of the gorgeous new products available in the 2012-2013 Catalogue!!
You may have hopped here from Karlie’s Blog. I’m stop # 12 on the Hop and I’m glad you “hopped” in.
My Contribution to the Blog Hop today is this cute little Chicken Pin Cushion. Isn’t she SOOO cute? “I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy”…. ok, I’ve lost the plot. (If you know the movie Finding Nemo you’ll know what I’m on about).
I wanted to show off the new Fabric from Stampin’ Up!’s new Catalogue in the Summer Smooches, so I thought I might make a few chicken pin cushions…. one thing lead into another and I made 25 instead!
I love this pattern of fabric. You actually get 3 different patterns in the 3 fat quarters pack for $16.95. That is a lot of chickens my friend for ‘chicken feed’…. hehehehehe. The Summer Smooches has so many other products to co-ordinate with you’ll be able to make a hand stamped card to give with your little pin cushion gift too. If you want to order the code you need to quote me is #125412. Page number in catalogue is page 171.
Meet ‘the Girls’…………..
Want to see a chickens bottom?
I also made a few in the Beau Chateau and Flirtatious Fabrics….
I found a quilter called Riley Blake at this site http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/cutting-corners/2012/3/2/spring-chickens/, who has done a really easy to follow tutorial on how to make these chicks. I ended up changing the dimensions a bit to a 9.5cm x 9.5cm but otherwise I’ve really mostly done the same. I’ve given lots of the girls away as gifts and they’ve been very warmly received as pin cushions and desk buddies alike.
Now click on the link http://tamsinadams.blogspot.com.au for the next stop on our Hop. I am sure you will find lots of wonderful ideas from Tamsin Adams to inspire you. And in case you get lost or there are broken links just pop back here for the full list of stampers taking part in this hop.
Thank you for visiting and if you’d like to leave a comment I’d be very pleased to hear what you think of the new catalogue and products 🙂 “Bok bok bok booooooooooooook” (that’s thanks in chicken). Oh, and make sure you check back with me over the next few days…. LOTS happening 😉
- Alisa Tilsner – www.alisatilsner.com
- Madonna – www.madonnadunn.com.au
- Melissa – http://beedevinedesigns.blogspot.com.au/
- Christina Barnes – www.dotdotstamping.com
- Kathryn Carr- http://kathrynshandmadecards.blogspot.com.au/
- Anna – http://mylittlecreativenook.blogspot.com.au/
- Alison Barclay – http://gothdovedesigns.blogspot.com.au/
- Michelle Bartholomaeus – http://www.inspiredexpressions.com.au/
- Nicole Derendorf – www.nicolederendorf.com
- Kay Koufalakis – http://kaykoufalakis.wordpress.com
- Stamping With Karlie – www.stampingwithkarlie.blogspot.com
- Carolyn Bennie – https://carolynbennieink.wordpress.com
- Tamsin Adams – http://tamsinadams.blogspot.com.au
- Tina Hewett – www.tinascreativestudio.com